Thread: Deye products

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Deye products

Anyone have any experience with Deye products?

I have been purchasing Sunsynk products from a supplier since June last year, done a few installation and spent many weeks/months/years doing research, watched all the training videos and read all the manauls, had my few share of challenges due to the lack of decent Sunsynk specific training and support.

Sunsynk has decided to dump all the DIYers and bakkie brigades, including myslef being par tof the bakkie brgade, becasue I dont have a website.

So we move on and stop putting all my eggs in one basket. The market is flooded with product at the moment which has finally created competition. You can buy Sunsynk products cheaper now than we were this time last year. Deye products are cheaper than I was paying for Sunsynk in June last year.

I was told the exchange rate was the driving factor, well look at the exchange rate and pricing compared to last year. We all knew the supplier where milking the public, but hey kudos to them for seeing the oportunity and taking advantage.

Time to find out how good or bad Deye is compared to Sunsynk and look into other brands which the supplier carries in stock (Luxpower, volta etc)

As you will see by the other post, I am busing looking into solar at home, and I will be moving inot a premises soon so I will be looking at a backup system for the workshop and office. I might just buy a deye unit and install, then I can give you some honest feedback.

Have you been offered training? I was going to attend the 50 kw training at Africo solar, however I was too busy on that day. I am told there will be more training soon. I dont know of any training locally for Sunsynk.

With a 150 kw project in the pipe and my first 3 phase installation , I contacted both Sunsynk and Deye, Sunsynk dont offer asssitance, Deye and Victron have offered technical support for the project.

Pricing, Deye wins hands down. We talking around R10 000.00 for an inverter and battery combo, both with a 10 year warranty.

The next concern would be stock, I have visited both local suppliers and both have apply stock and some.

Delivery is another key factor to consider, the sunsynk supplier doesnt offer panel deliveries, you have to collect them yourself and you have to make arrangemts to bring your own pallets, this wastea lot of time for me, having to rent a trailer, find a pallet then go to the supplier, load pallets and carry the risk f damaging the panels loading and unloading. A service I am considering starting once wqe move into the new premises.

The next concern would be backup service. I haven seen the local Sunsynk service centre, I have visited the Daye service centre, spent some time chatting to the technicians to get some feedaback with regards the type of repairs they deal with on a daily basis.

Then we have the user interface and app, from my experience using the Sunsynk app for about a year, I am still trying to figure it all out. Lets hope the Deye app is a lot more user friendly or maybe the Deye supplier will offer Deye specific training on their inverter user interface and app.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Then we look at online support, as you are all aware, Sunsynk is built in the Deye factory, so I would asume the quality and warranty would be the same (both 10 years)

I have heard you can even fit a Sunsynk dongle into a Deye inverter.

The firmware updates are done by the same team.

So what makes Deye and inferior product to Sunsynk, some might say the user experience, unfortuntely I cant comment on the Deye experience yet ( I will give feddabck onc eI have installed my first Deye unit).

Some say Deye is a better user experience, bot so much clutter on the screen.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    What I know is the amount of issues they both have is incredible. Just seeing the support groups and man issues all the time so I don't even know if there is a rock solid one haha

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk