It has certainly been an interesting journey, man I have learnt a lot.

From XVR's to NVR's and beyond, it has taken me a lot longer than I expected, but I am finally at a point where I am happy with the progress. I just need a new faster laptop, the old I3 is just not fast enough.

Yes some of it was installer error. Its not like it is rocket science, there are steps you have to follow, once you know the correct steps, it the same thing over and over, which is why I couldn't do this as a full time job.

I found the right people to get the information that I needed, I am now on the home straight, I did a full factory default on all the equipment and restarted, now that I have a pretty good idea of the equipment required and setup procedure, it is just a step by step process, going through one camera at a time and making sure all the parameters are correct. The NVR is really just for the recording, the cameras that we are using have all the requirements to operate without the the NVR, even place to install micro SD cards.

The key to any project is the tech support, be electrical, CCTV, Solar, Alarms, drives, PLC's. When you open a machine full of control gear, you cant be expected to know ever single parameter for ever device, that it why it is so important to buy from companies which have smart people who deal specific product everyday.

For example I had a machine repair last week, The VSD was showing an error, I have commissioning sheets for all my projects, when the machine stops the production stops, it costs money, I call the VSD supplier, put my ear pods in to dampen the noise, I tell the tech support guy the error code and because I understand how to get around the VSD parameters, he just tells me what to check, 3 minutes later, reset and bingo the machine is ready to go.