Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How you deal with invalid/ non compliant COC's

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    What have I learnt, dealing with these silly COC/test reports (statins medication comes to mind when I think about COC/test reports), by the way I did a 12 month test, after I was told that my condition was hereditary and that changing my lifestyle and eating habits would not improve the condition LDL 7.8, the medication was the only way to manage it. 12 months later (no statins, just lifestyle and eating habits) I had the same blood tests done, I was clear (LDL below just above 4)

Do what Derlyn does, just send a quote to upgrade and if the customer chooses not to fix the non compliant issues and doesn't want to go the legal route, just do your job and issue a initial for the work you do on site and exclude the rest of the elctrical and solar installation, just add a note done by others".

We have now proved that even dealing registered association members is also a waste of time. I dont have time to waste running after contractors.

If you have problem with one of your COC's , just ignore everyone eventually they will leave you alone and the customer will pay the bill to get it repaired by another contractor.

I am getting a lot of calls about solar installations were customers are not getting the ROI as promised by installers, beware of these jobs.

If you start correspondence or step on site and get involved in any way, best you get ready to take on a whole new list of problems, responsivities and warranties, dont say you weren't warned.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Thanks
    I'm convinced that over 90% of registered electricians do as I do, otherwise, as skatingsparks says, we will have no work and might as well close shop.

Have a lekker day.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I am at that point where if you cant beat them, join them

What I have learnt, if you just ignore people long enough, eventually they will go away, or get it sorted out themselves.

I think the public have realized that the electrical industry have created a system that protects us as contractors from them and they dont stand a chance against us. It is financially unviable to take action.

So if you are a small business, best you just fly under the radar as a sole prop and if somethings goes wrong, just close, change your number and open under another name with anew number .

If you are a little bigger and have staff, best you join an association and let them protect you from the public.

What is the worse that could happen, someone might call you and ask you nicely to go back and fix the non compliant, if you just ignore them, they will also leave you alone, which is what seems to be happening on the site I am now working.

Its just not worth time and money following up on non compliant installations.
    Comments are my opinion, unless regulations are attached to support the comment. This is social media, not a court room.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234