Can someone explain what benifit they are?

I don't get it.... I see don't see any benifit to me and the industry as whole.

We have millions of unemployed - I get around 10- 15 phone calls a week from colleges asking me to train there students, on a quiet week I get about 20 calls people asking for work, on a normal week 30- 40 and on a crazy week 50 plus people phoning me for work (+Emails CV's etc). And the call numbers are growing.

I have a tonne of work coming in - loads - but I cannot, for the life of me, consistanty generate the salaries that are required by the bargaining council.

Aweek here a week there but..... Every week. No chance.

So I don't employ. On the good jobs I'll work with the one good subby I know - but thats no good to the mass unemployed.

I work mostly alone and have done for years and occasionally taken on people to help with bigger jobs but the "qualified guys" I took on - there is no way I could consistantly generate there R125 (or what ever it is now) salary to pay them. They just don't have abilities and the ones that do have the skills (counting on one hand here) have there own company (along with running costs)

I don't know how to get from a one man band to the next level and be able to generate consistantly enough money to pay the rates.

There is NO WAY these big house builders are using skilled guys - its would be impossible to pay the rate required.

I saw a bakkie from one of the big companies - 6 guys in the back. They were on a small site - I worked out the bargaining councils cost to employ 6 people. The job they were on there is no way you could pay their rates.

Even on my own I spend nearly a third of my time doing admin and if I employed someone - would I ever touch the tools?

I worked out teh cost of employing one trade tested guy and along with running costs the ammount I would have to invoice consistantly is a hell huge figure.

Someone explain this to me.....